With all the landscaping companies around Birmingham and Tuscaloosa, choosing the right one may be a headache. But it’s just like picking a good window cleaner or finding a quality moving company. With enough knowledge on what to look for in a good landscaping contractor, you’ll be able to choose the best from among the rest.
Here are 5 tips to help you choose a commercial landscaping company that is right for your property:
1 – Ensure the contractor offers the services you need or require.
Keep in mind that not all commercial landscapers offer the same services. Need help maintaining a sprinkler system? Or maybe you’re looking for someone who specializes in organic lawn care. In either case, you can’t really assume that every company out there can handle that type of work.
Therefore it is important to get a list of the services that the company provides, so you can compare it with your checklist. This way, you’ll be able to identify if the contractor can meet your landscaping needs.
Below are the common services offered by commercial landscaping companies:
- Landscape Maintenance – this includes Mowing, edging, weeding, trimming and pruning, turf and ornamental programs, seasonal color
- Landscape Design – This covers site evaluations and plans to create or enhance marketing areas and focal points as well as community master planning, amenity design such as patios, outdoor kitchens, dog parks, grilling stations, and fire pits.
- Landscape Construction – Covers planting, hydroseeding, turf installation, water feature installation, retaining walls, hardscapes, drainage, erosion control, and outdoor amenity installation
- Irrigation and Lighting – Installation, maintenance, repair and upgrades, recommendations for using water efficiently.
- Snow and Ice Management – Focuses on plowing, ice melt application, and sidewalk clearing. This is probably not something offered much in Alabama, but it’s big business in other parts of the country.
- Landscape Enhancement – Redesigning of focal points or addition of non-contracted items like seasonal color displays, planters or baskets, tree removal, and trimming
2 – Check if they employ sustainable practices.
A good landscaping company should be able to create landscapes that are cost-effective, energy-efficient, water-saving, and environmentally conscious. These are great ways to make an impact on your budget and the environment. So be sure to choose a company that can provide one for your property.
3 – Research Company Qualifications
Spending some time researching about a specific landscaping company can spare you from headaches. Check out the company website, check online reviews, get references, and ask colleagues. Moreso, you can directly reach out to the company.
4 – Make Sure You Have a Designated Account Manager
Great relationship and an open communication is the key to a beautiful landscape. So ensure that there’s a dedicated person whom you can reach out to for any issues you may have. This may not be your salesperson so be sure to find out who it may be and get to know the best way to contact him or her.
5 – Ask for references.
Photo references of past works may give you a great idea on how your property would look under their care. But visiting the sites that they are currently working on may give you a clearer picture. Ask the existing clients, about timeliness, quality of work, and plant material, level of communication and their overall happiness with the company.
In the market for a professional and reliable commercial landscaping contractor? Look no further! Give us a call and let’s get to work!